Explore an array of pulmonary pathology in a safe, virtual environment with ORSIM® Bronchoscopy Simulator. Progress through the graduated ORSIM syllabus and safely experience patients with thermal injury, small cell carcinoma, bronchiectasis, amyloidosis and much more.
In order to purchase this Training Module, which adds new scenarios and functionality to your ORSIM Simulator, you will need to contact email@example.com and provide your Unique System ID: this is a 14-character code displayed in the lower-right of your menu screen.
Once purchased, you will receive a 40-character Activation Code to unlock the new Training Module on your laptop. Note that anyone can download and install the training module below, but an Activation Code (which may be purchased later) is required to run any of the simulations within the module.
Note that you must update your ORSIM Laptop to at least ORSIM v2.1.0 before installing the ORSIM Pulmonology module. The latest update can be downloaded here.
Please follow one of the two options below to download the training module onto your internet-connected computer. Note that your ORSIM Laptop should not be connected to the internet to perform this upgrade. A USB drive will be required to complete the transfer to your ORSIM Laptop.
Please select one of the two install options below:
1. Start by downloading the Windows USB-Drive setup program by clicking download below.
2. Once the USB-Drive setup program has been downloaded, you should run it; the method will vary depending on the Web browser you are using. Tips on running from some common browsers are as follows:
Chrome: In the lower-left of your screen, once the download is complete click the up-arrow beside it and click "Open" from the menu.
Firefox: In the dialog box that appears, click [Save File], then wait for the download arrow in the top-right corner of your screen to turn blue. Once this happens, click the download arrow then click on the USB_Maker program.
Edge: In the bar that appears in the bottom-center of your screen, select [Run], then when asked "Are you sure" in the same bar after the download completes, select [Run] again.
Internet Explorer: In the bar that appears in the bottom-center of your screen, select [Run].
3. You may be prompted by one or both of the following Windows security precautions protecting you from files downloaded from the internet:
- If you are prompted by a window with the option "More Info" click "More info" on the left, then click [Run anyway].
- If you are prompted by a window like the one below, click [OK].
4 .The ORSIM "USB Maker" application will now start and lead you through the next steps of the process. To complete this stage, you will need an empty USB drive which will be used to transfer the module to your ORSIM Laptop.
Follow the brief instructions on screen:
5. Once the Orsim USB Maker has prepared your USB Drive with the new update, you should then plug the USB Drive into your ORSIM Laptop.
6. After starting your ORSIM Laptop, double-click on the "Orsim Tools" icon:
7. In the Orsim Tools window, double-click on "Orsim Updater":
8. The Orsim Updater will find the appropriate module on the USB drive that you have inserted and start the installer for you. Your installer will then guide you through the rest of the process.
1. Start by downloading the Update by clicking download below.
2. Please select a new, or newly formatted USB drive which has been scanned for viruses, to reduce the chances of malware or viruses being transferred to your ORSIM laptop. Additionally, the USB stick you use must not contain any other ORSIM updates. Plug this into a free USB port on your current computer.
3. Copy the installer you have downloaded into the "root" of your USB drive, ie: not inside a folder on the USB drive. Do not rename the installer; it must keep its original file name.
The method used to copy the installer to the USB drive varies greatly depending on your computers operating system and how it is setup. Typically:
On MacOS: Open Finder, locate the installer you have just downloaded (in the "Downloads" folder and with a name starting with "Orsim"), then drag it into your USB drive, which will usually be displayed with its name under "Devices" on the left hand side of the screen:
On Windows: Open Windows File Explorer, locate the installer you have just downloaded (usually in the "Downloads" folder by default and with a name starting with "Orsim"), then drag'n'drop or copy/paste it into your USB drive, which will usually be displayed with its name and a drive-letter near the bottom of the list on the left hand side of the screen
4. After the copy is complete, eject the USB drive and plug it into your ORSIM Laptop.
5. After starting your ORSIM Laptop, double-click on the "Orsim Tools" icon:
6. In the Orsim Tools window, double-click on "Orsim Updater"
7. The Orsim Updater will find the appropriate module on the USB drive that you have inserted and start the installer for you. Your installer will then guide you through the rest of the process.
- If the Orsim Updater tells you that it could not find the USB drive, make sure your USB stick is inserted properly and try again.
- If the Orsim Updater tells you that it could not find an appropriate module, check:
The module file must be in the “root” of the USB drive, ie: not inside a folder.
◦ The module file must keep the same file name as you originally downloaded it with.
◦ There must only be one module file on the USB drive at a time.
Once you have installed your new Training Module you will see the new scenarios in the ORSIM Freestyle and ORSIM Lab menus. You will need to enter your unique Activation Code, provided at the time of purchase, before the scenarios can be used. To enter an Activation Code: